Sub-Saharan Africa, Caribbean and Pacific
African, Caribbean and Pacific countries (ACPs) / Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs)
The EIB’s overriding aim in the ACP and OCT regions is to help generate long-term private sector-led sustainable economic growth and reduce poverty through job creation and improved access to productive resources. The Bank also supports public sector infrastructure projects that are vital to underpin private sector development and create a thriving business environment, particularly for SMEs, which are the foundation of developing countries’ economies.
EIB financing in the ACP regions covers a wide range of sectors, supporting:
- the broadening and deepening of local financial sectors;
- small and medium enterprises through credit lines and equity;
- infrastructure projects in the energy, water, transport and telecommunications sectors;
- local industries and manufacturing;
- the expansion of the tertiary sector;
- access to sufficient and safe food supplies.
The EIB has been active in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific for 50 years. This short film shows how we finance projects that bring social, economic and environmental benefits to over 80 nations in these regions, with the common goal of building a bright and sustainable future.