The GRAD programme
The European Investment Bank has put into place a Graduate Recruitment And Development (GRAD) programme aimed at recent graduates looking to gain early professional "hands-on" experience in the Bank of the European Union and major international financial player.
The openings will be for junior roles allowing GRADs to gain first hand experience in a dynamic multicultural environment or to further their existing experience by working alongside expert professionals. The appointments will be mainly at the EIB headquarters in Luxembourg but may also involve assignments in its external offices according to the Bank's needs. The candidates selected for this programme will be offered a fixed term contract of a minimum of one year and up to a maximum of two years.
The selection is made on the basis of the candidates' qualifications, interviews, and professional and psychometric assessments. Candidates need to apply for specific positions published under “Current Vacancies”. If there are no openings suiting your profile, we invite you to visit our website from time to time as new vacancies are posted regularly.
If you wish to have an opportunity to gain valuable work experience in excellent working conditions, please apply on-line to the job openings of your interest. Before starting your application, please take some time to prepare your motivation letter in one of the two working languages (EN or FR) as well as your cv. You will need this text to complete your application.
Depending on your area of work, you may be asked to participate in business travel (inside or outside of the EU).
Only online applications can be considered. Your application will be retained for a period of 5 years from application date in our database.
Eligibility and conditions of the Programme
- You must have a university degree in one of the fields related to the Bank's activity. We welcome applications from candidates without any or with limited work experience of up to two years maximum at the date of application.
- You must be a national of one of the EU member-states or candidate countries having started accession negotiations with the EU.
- Your work experience should be limited to a maximum of two years after graduation, excluding summer jobs and internships
- You must have excellent knowledge of English and/or French which are the working languages of the EIB
- The duration of the graduate contract is for a maximum period of 4 years. It will not lead to an indefinite contract at the end of that period.
- The graduate contract will be for a fixed monthly basic salary, currently set at € 3,470.09. It will offer benefits such Health and Pension Scheme coverage, accident insurance and, if applicable, family allowances. The salary is subject to EU community tax.
Whilst learning on-the-job alongside highly qualified EIB experts, you will have the opportunity to develop from a personal and professional point of view by attending a tailor-made development programme.
On completion of your assignment at the EIB you will receive a performance and development report.